Friday, August 23, 2013

Our best laid plans...

Friday. PTL. This week was a crazy one, and I have nothing but happiness that it is coming to a close. To wrap up my first week back to blogging, I just want to write a little bit about something on my mind...yeah that's right, it's about to get real. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have a tendency to overthink things. It's true. Even as I am writing this post I know that I will re-read it probably 34  no, 53 times before hitting 'publish'.

This is also true in every area of my life.

I am always asking myself questions like;
Is this what I am supposed to be doing right now?
Is this God's plan for my life?
Am I missing something?
Am I good enough?
What if I make a wrong choice and completely throw my life off course?

I ask myself these things a lot. Whether it's work, relationships... etc, there is always that little voice in my mind, doubting myself and my decisions.

And I've come to the realization that my destiny, my future, is not in my hands.
I realize that is a pretty basic statement, yes, we are not in-control of everything. But it's a little deeper than that. I know that I can't screw it up, as long as I am relying on Christ.

Who am I to think that little me can ruin God's HUGE, detailed, perfect plan for my life because I miss a few details? If that were so I find it hard to believe that anyone would ever achieve their calling. Yes, of course we need to try to make the right choices, but some things are not laid out for you. Things like what career path to choose... who should I marry... what church to go to... you're not going to find the black and white answer right there in your bible. You can definitely pray about it, and seek direction from those you trust, but don't get so bogged down and stressed in the details that you don't see the big, wonderful picture! We are to wait patiently on the Lord, not freak out until we hear an answer from him! Trust in Him, and you will hear that still, small, calm voice that gives you peace.

Happy Weekend, y'all!
xoxo,
Alisha


 
  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Alisha!!! I am the same exact way!! I needed the reminder. These are the type of things that you think about...but then reality hits you (like "that's me!") when you actually see it written out. Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete