Tuesday, August 27, 2013

5 Really Good Reasons to Embrace Fall!

It is not quite September yet, but I am settling in to my favorite season early this year! Here are a few reasons why I have Fall fever, and you should too! :)

1. Beauty. I live in Richmond, Virginia and we pride ourselves on being centrally located between the beach and the mountains. This is the time of year you need to drive up to Charlottesville and see the best of the best of Virginia fall. Carter Mountain is a must for apple picking... hot apple cider... apple cider donuts... breathtaking scenery... I can hardly wait!



2. Leather... AND Scarves and Sweaters and Boots, OH MY! I LOVE fall fashion. Especially early fall when you can wear a few layers and look ultra-chic but don't quite need to bundle up just yet... but I am especially excited to break out my leather jackets again! Woop! Lots of black. Lots of studs. A little bit Fonz. (PS. It's totally ok to mix brown & black now, so don't miss out on that!)



3. Hot cocoa. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Salted Caramel Mochas. Even though the August heat is still upon us, I've gone ahead and traded in my iced hazelnut coffee for comfy, cozy, curl-up-in-front-of-the-fire-with-a-good-book type drinks. Ahhh. *Attention Starbucks junkies, Pumpkin Spice comes back next week! Yippee! 





4. NEW GIRL comes back! AND all the other good shows! But this one is my mostest... bestest favoritist...ist. :) I'm a major advocate of Nick & Jess. But I have also been missing my weekly dose of Schmidt & Winston, I mean, who's with me?!




5. FINALLY. Closing Day is October 24th! (57 days away, ya'll! Hello home stretch!) It's been such an exciting experience watching our new home be built! We are so excited, we all keep driving by it every day to see the progress. The pic below is from Sunday, Mom and Dad eye-ing their new home, they weren't even posing, they're just cute. :)




I wanna know, what's your favorite season? And what do you look forward to most about it?!

xoxo,
Alisha







No comments:

Post a Comment